Making mental health your business
Mental health awareness week
Enable staff will be taking to the streets of Shrewsbury Town on Tuesday 17 May to mark Mental Health Awareness Week. The team will be visiting Shrewsbury Town Centre and speaking to employers about Enable’s services and the benefits of disclosure of mental health in the work place.
To arrange a meeting with one of our team while we’re in the town centre, contact us by email or phone using the information at the bottom of this page.
Employer engagement event: Making mental health your business
Time: 8:30am – 10:30am
Date: Monday 10 October 2016
Venue: The Hive, Shrewsbury
The aim of this event is to encourage disclosure of ill mental health within the workplace. One in four people suffer with mental health needs every year and it is important for employers to be aware of how to deal with situations surrounding this. This is a FREE event, organised by supported employment service – Enable.
To secure your place at the event contact us by email or phone using the information at the bottom of this page.
Why employ someone with a mental health need?
By employing someone with a mental health need through Enable can:
- Increase the number of high quality applicants available
- Create a workforce that reflects the diverse range of customers it serves and the community in which it is based
- Bring additional skills to the business
- Provide candidates that have been selected specifically for the job – ensuring that they have a strong interest in the role
- Post-employment support and advice
- Provision of training for all staff on mental health awareness