The Restart Scheme is part of the UK Government’s ‘Plan for Jobs’ initiative, designed to provide you with support and advice to help you secure sustainable employment
Commissioned by the Department for Work and Pensions, Enable delivers the Restart Scheme in Shropshire and is partner to Serco in Central West Midlands.
We support job seekers who have been referred onto the programme by their local Jobcentre Plus Work Coach and offer up to 12 months of bespoke support.
Participants will receive advice and guidance from their dedicated Employment Officer as well as access to local vacancies sourced by our internal Employer Engagement Team.
To be eligible for the Restart Scheme, participants should:
- Be in receipt of universal credit and in the intensive work search regime for a minimum of 9 months or have been in receipt
of Job Seekers Allowance for a minimum of 9 months (39 weeks)
- Have no earnings at the point of referral
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Reside in England or Wales
- Be of working age (18+)
- Not be on another Department of Work & Pensions contracted provision