Building personal motivation, confidence, and independence.
As part of the STEP UP initiative, Enable are working alongside the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) in providing the NEETS programme.
The programme is available for free to individuals aged 15-24 who are currently not in Education, Employment, or Training (NEET) or are in significant risk of becoming NEET.
We will be providing support in order for you to develop the skills necessary in order to progress into Education, Employment, or further Training.
The STEP UP programme is a new collaboration between Telford and Wrekin Council and Shropshire Council in partnership with The Department for Work and Pensions. This programme offers each individual the opportunity to access bespoke, person-centred and holistic support towards a wide range of outcomes and achievements within Skills, Training and Employment.
Participants of the programme are aged 15-24 years old and living within the Telford and Shropshire areas. Each young person is allocated a personal Key Worker who will work with them to plan, agree and work towards individualised aspirations on a one to one basis and will remain alongside them every STEP of the way ensuring sustained progressions and ongoing support.
The programme is community-based throughout Telford and Shropshire which means the support is accessible in a wide range of settings and environments to suit the needs of the participant. Alongside working towards outcomes in education, employment and training, there are also opportunities to build on personal motivation, confidence and independence
- Career development and planning
- Access to the local job market
- CV writing and employability support
- Application support
- Information and advice on Training and Education
- Health and wellbeing support
- Advice on employment for those with disabilities
- Advice and support on employment for those with mental health conditions
- Job Coaching
- Travel Training
- Short-term and long-term aspirations
- Direct Employer Engagement and Speculative Approaches
- Telford and Shropshire
- Community-Based across the areas
- A venue of your choice
- Phone: 01743 276900
- Email: Step-Up@Shropshire.gov.uk