This programme is co-financed by the European Social Fund
Building a brighter Future that works for you.
The Work and Health Programme is a Welfare to Work programme commissioned by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP). It is designed to improve employment outcomes for people with health conditions or disabilities. The Programme helps individuals to manage their health and wellbeing, build their emotional strength and resilience, find sustainable employment and to feel good again.
Who is it for?
This service is available to a range of different jobseekers, including:
- People with health conditions
- Individuals with disabilities
- Anyone who has been out of work for two or more years
- Offenders/ex-offenders Carers/ex-carers
- Anyone who is homeless
- Members of HM Armed Forces reserves
- Partners of current or former armed personnel
- Persons with a drug/alcohol dependency – including a history of
- Care leavers
- Young people in gangs
- Victims of domestic violence
How does this programme differ from others?
The Work and health Programme recognises that everyone is different, this means that our Support Managers understand that each person has their own set of challenges, their own individual reason for being out of work and that each person’s path will be different.
What does the programme help people with?
The programme looks to enhance every aspect of the service users life, not just the employment outcomes. These factors include:
- Friends, family and personal responsibilities
- Lifestyle Housing and money
- Finding and preparing for work
- Physical health, mental health and mood management
- Skills and experience Volunteering
Looking for more information?
If you would like to hear more about this service, ask your Work Coach at the Jobcentre Plus or visit: www.shaw-trust.org.uk/whp
Tel: 0800 389 0211
For More Info
Adult Social Care
Oswestry, SY11 2HT
Ludlow Youth Centre
65 Lower Galdeford
Ludlow, SY8 1RT
129 Cheshire Street
Shropshire, TF9 3AH