TSI: Specialist Training
Training in Systematic Instruction (TSI) is a structured approach to teaching vocational and independent living skills to people with intellectual disabilities. TSI has an emphasis on errorless learning and encourages decision-making by people with a learning disability enabling them to learn complex tasks.
Job coaching support is the key to helping people with disabilities into sustainable employment and to develop life skills. This course will teach clients essential practical skills to empower and train the people that you are supporting.
Our TSI training is a 3-day course that can be delivered at a venue of your choosing. The course is run by professionals with years of experience in the field of supported employment.
Who is this training for?
The course is specialist training aimed at anyone who is involved in supporting people with disabilities to develop their skills through targeted training and support, including:
- Job Coaches. Direct support workers and teachers in supported living and community activities.
- Healthcare professionals.
- Team leaders.
- Supported employment workers.
- Family members.
What can you expect from this course?
- An introduction to the principles of systematic instruction and its application in both the job coaching role and community based activities for people with learning disabilities.
- An opportunity to practice TSI in a teaching environment with powerful practical exercises.
- A forum to share experience and discuss the philosophy behind helping people with disabilities develop competencies.
- Engaging discussion around different approaches to training and learning.
- Exploration and an outline around the roles and responsibilities of job coaches.
Cost: We offer training at competitive rates. Contact our Co-ordinator, Matt Morris, for a quote:
01743 276 900
“Trainers very interactive and informative. Very relaxing and helpful.”
“Excellent, well-paced, good examples and content.”
“Training balance between tutors (strength of training), nice energy…”
“Very positive and extremely interactive”
“Excellent practical exercises”
“Loved the way the course was delivered!”
100% of candidates said they would recommend this training to a colleague.